Here are some personal reminisces and extracts from books and articles written by Southampton men and women. They depict their involvement in the wars of the nation, the town life and also their own personal struggles. For more written by Southampton natives, please go to Books Written by Southampton Authors.
- In Memoriam:Congregational Church Southampton, Mass. Excerpt.
- Southampton Sons of the Ministry Excerpt.
- The Old Meeting House Excerpt.
- Jonathan Judd, Jr. Diaries Excerpt.
- Excerpt concerning raids in Southampton during King George’s French and Indian War
- Extracts From “My History of Homesteads” by Samuel L. T. Wright.
- Southampton Cornet Band 1875-1933- Excerpt
- Old Home Daze – by Dorothy Parsons Howland
- Gazeteer of Hampshire County, Mass. 1654-1887 – Excerpts
- Selected Papers from the Sylvester Judd Manuscript – Excerpts
- Five Years to the Day: a memoir of World War 2 1941-1946 – Excerpts
- Lt. Samuel F. Edwards Excerpts and Photographs
- History of Southampton Kindergarten
- World War Two Through the Eyes of One Marine Veteran
- Home From War, With New Resolve (Persian Gulf War)
- Remember Pearl Harbor
- Ode On a Southampton Librarian
- Rev. Henry Luther Edwards, Donor of the Edwards Library – Excerpts
Return to the Edwards Public Library website.